Pannier Backpack 1.0 - USED
Please Note: Items may be gently used and may not have tags.
Pannier and Backpack in One
Carry everything on your bike or your back. Eliminate the sweaty back in pannier mode without sacrificing the convenience of a backpack. Simple, quick conversion between the two modes. The waterproof materials and included fluorescent rain cover make it as dedicated on two wheels as you are. The padded laptop pocket and smart organization make the perfect vessel for hauling daily necessities to the office or campus.
Available Styles/Colors: Black, Graphite Grey
Ideal For: Commuters, Multi-Modal, Weekend Touring
- Weather protected pannier and technical backpack
- Quick conversion for on-bike or off-bike carry
- Adjustable Rixen & Kaul mounting system adjusts for all standard bike racks
- Locks onto bike rack with ratchet clips
- Padded laptop pocket (fits up to 15.6 inch)
- Padded exterior pocket for phone or sunglasses
- Multiple internal pockets for accessories
- Foam padded back panel conceals mounting system
- Reflective accents for night visibility
- Attachment points for clipping lights
- U-Lock pocket, key leash, adjustable sternum strap
- YKK zippers, Rock Lockster® hardware
- Includes fluorescent high-visibility rain cover
Rack Mounting Instructions
- Place the bag with open hooks onto the bike rack
- Close the two blue catches (Click) to lock the bag on the rack
- Use the bottom quick release strap to secure the bag to the side of the rack
- To adjust the hook placement: loosen screw (+) on hook, slide into new hole location, tighten screw (total of 16 different hook positions)
Additional Inserts for Smaller Racks:
- There are two (2) additional blue inserts included with each bag that clip inside the hooks (if necessary) for small diameter bike racks
Measurements & Materials
Height 17.5" Width 12" Depth 7"
- Weight: 2.8 lbs / 1.3 kg
- Volume: 22 Litres
- Material: 600D Polyester with TPE Waterproof backing & UV Treatment
What are the differences between the 2018 Pannier Backpack and the previous model?
The major difference is the new mounting system components. The 2018 model has a ratchet locking system where each hook locks around your rack. The 2017 model has one center lock mechanism that flips to lock under the rack. The 2018 mounting system is also more adjustable with 4 locations for each hook. This allows you to set it up on your rack with more customization for placement on the rack. The 2017 model's hook placement is set so you can't move the hooks horizontally to best fit your rack.
The other differences in the bag are polishing and style. The straps are all black on the 2018 models (the 2017 models had red accents in the webbing). The 2018 model also features a more subtle logo on the front of the pack.
Is the rain cover included?
Yes! It comes in the front pocket (with the umbrella icon).
What size of racks do you need to add the additional inserts for?
If your rack is between 6-8mm, the extra blue inserts will make a nice tight fit for the clips to hook on your rack. If your rack is between 6-12mm (which most are), the hooks should work great without the inserts.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions for more information on Pannier Backpacks or Contact Us.