2014 Snapshot - One Look Back, Two Wheels Forward
Two Wheel Gear had a major transitional, growth year in 2014. Fun, challenging and very exciting for our company and myself personally. We are emerging bolder and better and have some amazing things coming for 2015. Before forging too far ahead, I feel it appropriate to scrap book a few rough cuts of some major milestones conquered in the past year.
It Started with a Decision
Rented out Calgary house and moved to Vancouver to re-launch Two Wheel Gear
- Set-up Vancouver business ground work: partnerships with suppliers, designers, pattern makers, manufacturers, retailers, brand agencies, marketers, media partners, local cycling coalitions and community
- Two Wheel Gear rebranding campaign, designed, developed, prototyped and manufactured:
- Heath Messenger Bag, Southwest Bike Suit Bag, Leather Beer Growler Caddie, Roadie Belt Key Clip, Yoga sling
- and....The Classic Bike Suit Bag 2.0 (available in March!)
- Established new major international manufacturing partner and placed first order
- Established new logistic supply chain utilizing international freight forwarding and negotiated new global shipping rates with FedEx
- Formed retail partnership with MEC for 2015
- Raised capital and obtained financing
- New business mentor from senior management at Lululemon
- Created, prototyped, tested the next big Two Wheel Gear product release (coming in 2015)
Representing Canadian Entrepreneurs
Bike Wins & Woes
First bike stolen 3 weeks later...
First time hit by car while on bike (radial fracture)
Welcome to 2015
Thank you to everyone who has supported us in 2014 and continues to dream with us. Its going to be a good year.